I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- your love gives me such a thrill, but your love wo...
- Bread runs out in face of Israeli closure
- 'Groundbreaking' Study: U.S. Middle East policy mo...
- Fun and games
- Beware the Ides, in the Guardian
- The eight-step guide to securing an Israeli electi...
- Beware the ides of March (aka How to secure an Isr...
- Scenes from yesterday's Jericho prison raid
- The energy circle: 'fueling' the occupation in Gaz...
- Gaza scenes
Tuesday, March 21, 2006