Monday, January 02, 2006

Moving up in the world

I finally got myself to put Yousuf in a nursery. Not because I needed someone to watch him, but because I wanted him to be exposed to some other children his age a few times a week. I realized the time had come for him to make contact with the outside world when he began banging his head against our kitchen wall in a state of advanced boredom. I'm kidding of course. But really, the kid needs some friends. So I searched and searched, and the more nurseries I saw the more worried I got. Gaza doesn't exactly have the best child care centers to put it mildly (my dream is to one day establish a children's museum/centre here). Until finally I found a cute-and clean-little place nearby that only takes a limited number of children to avoid overcrowding (and doesn't resort to sedating toddlers with food and sleep to keep them inactive). Today is officially his second day, and he's loving it-perhaps more than I. I miss his morning banter and desperate plees to rescue him from my mother as I'm working by my desk. But I'm sure its for the best. Next thing you know he'll be graduating college. My little boy is growing up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it will sound wierd but i have tears in my eyes..reading this post reminds me of my own Sara ,she'll be going to a preschool next year,inshallah.I already miss her.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home