I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- Yousuf, with a bag of apples, and a bag of toys, g...
- Under seige
- There's your solution!
- Fall bounty
- Hand me those earplugs
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Rainy days in Gaza mean...
- Food, food, and food! My father (L) relaxs afte...
- Its raining men...
- Yousuf's addiction to coffee begins
Monday, January 02, 2006