I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- What will he say?
- The Evangelical Right of Return
- United we stand!
- When it rains, it pours
- A poster of the candidates for Mustafa Bargouthi's...
- Let the games begin!
- Apaches overhead
- Moving up in the world
- "Are you going to leave me here all on my own?" ...
- Yousuf, with a bag of apples, and a bag of toys, g...
Tuesday, January 10, 2006