Friday, July 08, 2005

Ordinary lives, extraordinary circumstances

At long last-my new camera (Canon A95..absolutely incredible) has arrived, via a friend of mine who came from the states to the West Bank, and from her to another French friend who works for Medicin Du Monde and was kind enough to bring it over from Jerusalem (things aint' so easy when you are a prisoner in Gaza).

In case I didn't mention it before, my other camera broke (according to the fellow who tried in vain to fix it, it took one too many falls..*oops*...between Yousuf, and I, and a zilliion trips to Rafah and Jabaliya..I can see how). Anyhow, I have been trying to take more pictures of life in Gaza..of regular people living ordinary lives under extraordinary circumstances (of course this means many quizical looks from passersby..."hello..hello? You are foreign?" "No no... she is Gazan.") Meandering about taking random picturs of people on the beach, in the souk, etc. isn't so simple here, :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home