I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- Watermelons in Gaza
- Interview with the settler
- Erez Crossing, Gaza Strip.
- Palestinians at the Erez Crossing wait anxiously f...
- The Crushed Citizen
- A room with a view, please
- Young boys fly their kite on the edge of Khan Yuni...
- Sunset in Gaza. "Take me to the beach at sunset, ...
- A Palestinian man and his son make a living sellin...
Friday, July 08, 2005