I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- A Palestinian man and his son make a living sellin...
- And life goes on...
- Now that's more like it
- The new road sign relects the reality in teh West ...
- road signs remade
- al-Arish, Egypt at sunrise.
- Tariq Bourne: a man on a mission (killing the inf...
- Yousuf explains to his uncle Tariq that is going "...
- Relax, your'e under occupation.
- Chips and charcoal..not a good combination
Sunday, June 19, 2005