Friday, August 01, 2008

breastmilk brownies, anyone?

ok time for another "gross!" breastfeeding post (for those of you who have been with me from the beginning of my journey-when Yousuf was a baby and I wrote this post on weaning him under occupation, you'll catch my drift).

The other day Yousuf wanted to bake some brownies with me for Yassine's co-workers at the hospital. Turns out we were out of butter "oh well, some other day" I said.

"Well how do you make butter?" the ever inquisitive Yousuf asked.

I gave him a brief, non-technical explanation.

"Tayib, can't you just take your milk and make butter with it?" he responded, in all seriousness.

After a few moments of hysterical laughing, I explain that though its theoretically possible, I doubt that the other doctors want to eat breastmilk brownies. :)

But curiosity got the best of me and I did some research. Not breastmilk butter-but turns out some people have made (a rather runny) yoghurt from their expressed breastmilk. The name for this au natural concoction: Boobie-yo.

Ok-how many people have I scared off now?

5 Comments:

Blogger that chick said...

i tried to make boobjuice butter once. a whole bunch of the cream yielded a tiny dot of butter, after a lot of work. definitley not enough to make cookies. but it is possible!

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...a lot more 'natural' than butter from cows...

9:39 AM  
Blogger Save the Oocytes! said...

Yeah, I can take the talk of indefinite occupation and the indiscriminate punishment of a civilian population, but human-milk butter? I just don't have the stomach for it!

9:29 PM  
Blogger ياسمين حميد said...

lol, certainly not me!

10:08 PM  
Blogger thatferalchild-Alston said...

Show me the picture of it

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home