Monday, September 12, 2005


A leftover flyer in Neve Dekalim that I found advertising "tours" to Gush Katif, touting it as "New Zionism plus torah True Living in Action". "Come and see Gush Kaif-and enjoy its golden sands studded with date palms, virgin beaches, and the local synagogue almost unrivaled for beauty in the country, built in meory of the city of Yamit. Come let us help you to sense the magic being felt dialy in this beauiful, vibrant and new awakening part of our homeland"... Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan Eisenberg said...

I had an opurtunity to go to Gush Katif during my years of study in Israel. This was almost ten years ago. I never went, not because of safety, just it was a hassle getting there. I regret now not going. The beaches look amazing. Hopefully soon it will be like the beaches in Tiberias and Taba where Jew and Arab can swim together in peace.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question concerning just a detail. The flyer only mentions "the unique wall built in memory of Yamit". So, obviously, not the synagogue was meant as memory. Have you seen this wall? Is there really a connection to the synagogue, or did you just happen to mix up the two items?

2:31 AM  
Blogger Laila said...

HI An-I think the wall is actually IN the Synagogue. I probably made a mistaek in saying the Synagonue itself was a memory of Yamit. I also found a "special issue souveniro folder-dedicated to the memory of the city of Yamit to those who carry on building the yamit yeshiva in neve dekalim." I"ll post it soon.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home