I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- We talk in Silence; We stand together.
- We Will Not Go Down
- MSF: Temporary halt to Gaza bombing a paltry resp...
- This is Gaza.
- On Hold in Gaza: The Story of Iyas Salim
- "It wasn't me": the Israeli guide to spin contro...
- Gaza Medic under fire: Aljazeera footage
- Where do you hide? The terror in Gaza continues.
- Yuval Steinitz: Israel planned Gaza invasion for 9...
- hand in hand, Gaza stands
Tuesday, January 13, 2009