I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- Bono's shout out to Palestine
- Gaza rising
- Human Rights Watch on CNN: Israel intended to har...
- Gazan astrophysicist tells his story
- Sound Bites
- The children of Israel's war, and a "seize" fire
- Bomb a Ghetto, Raise a cheer: Pro-Israel rally in ...
- Obama as the 3 monkeys
- The inebriants of Israel's war
- The Gaza Perspective- WUNC
Monday, January 19, 2009