Thing you should never say to a very pregnant woman!
As I near the end of my pregnancy, I've taken some time to reflect... and I've come up with a list of grossly insensitive things that you (yes, YOU...husband, friend, sister, brother, random person standing next to a pregnant woman on the subway) should never say to a very pregnant woman. So future fathers, uncles, cousins...take note (and yes, several of these things have actually been said to me! And I'm pretty petite as far as full-term pregnant woman go):
1. Weren’t you wearing that yesterday? (Also see: Don’t you have anything else to wear?)
2. Wow, look at that, your belly button is popping out!
3. Wow, you’re really getting big!
4. Is something wrong with your face or is it normally that swollen?
5. Do you need help with those dishes (said unenthusiastically)?
6. Boy your house is a mess.
7. Didn’t you just go to the bathroom?
8. You think you can’t sleep now, wait till the baby arrives!