Thursday, December 27, 2007

Caroling against conflict diamonds

And by conflict, I mean the conflict.

Such is the latest initiative of the conscientious Adalah-NY (the Coalition for Justice in the Middle East), who adopted one of the campaigns of the Campaign for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions against Israel in New York City. For weeks now they have been organizing regular protests against Israeli diamond and real estate mogul cum settlement financier Lev Leviev in front of his newest Jewelry store in NYC.

The group is organizing an encore performance on December 29.

Leviev, one of Israel’s wealthiest businessmen, is helping to build the Mattityahu East settlement on the lands of the village of Bil’in with partner Shaya Boymelgreen, the Zufim settlement on the lands of the village of Jayyous, and the strategic West Bank settlements of Har Homa and Maale Adumim around Jerusalem which divide the northern West Bank from the Southern West Bank.

Check out video of some of their "alternative caroling"-great stuff. More posted on their site.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I'm sending the video around to all my friends who think I'm crazy for not wearing diamonds ever.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

asalam aleikom, I am living in sweden. my doughters father is Palestinian from Syria. I feel so sorry for the Palestinian people and I really want to be able to help somehow, when i see the pictures of the children i just wanna leave everything here and go there to help. i have it too good here and i just wanna know what and how can i do to help?? I think it would be good to talk to you since you know much about it...please... ///maria

4:12 AM  
Blogger the fruitfemme said...

Made my day!

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home