I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- a tense calm, but who's to blame?
- The streets of Gaza
- ABBAS CALLS FOR EARLY ELECTIONS
- Gazans speak out on early elections
- Israel legalizes assasinations
- Second judge in one week murdered
- Who done it?
- Gaza mourns victims of unknown assailants
- Nightdrive: Gaza's only english radio program
- Gideon Levy on Rafah Crossing
Saturday, December 23, 2006