Nightdrive: Gaza's only english radio program
I've been invited as a guest on Gaza's only english radio program, which airs on al-Quds radio station (102.7FM) and broadcast out of Gaza City each Monday at 5:30pm Gaza Time. The producer and host is a young freelance fixer and journalist in training called Yousef Helou.
You can listen in live via live audio streaming at www.qudsradio.ps
Yousef says the proram's motto is "we are your window to Palestine".
They will also be conducting phone interviews with the prominent Palestinian journalist and intellectual Mr Abdel Bari Atwan, editor of the London based Al-Quds Al Arabi and an exclusive phone interview with Maria Telire, the media spokeswoman of the European monitors stationed at the Rafah crossing; and Hamas sppokesperson Fawzi Barhoum.
According to Yousef, we will be having an open discussion on:
"1) The closure of Rafah crossing and the anguish, misery and suffering of travelers
2) Isolating the Gaza strip and disallow foreign passport holders from entering the gaza strip
3) Human rights day
4) The increasing tension between Fateh and Hamas after the president called for early parliamentary and presidential election and dismiss the government
5) security chaos and the misirebale situation in Gaza
6) Palestinian unity and the fragile truce
7) The x-US president Jimmy carter's book and his critiscim of Israel"
Yousef encourages everyone to participate and support his fledgling program by either calling the studio lines on 009728 2849424 or 009728 2849428 or by sending an SMS on 00970 599 95 50 69
Another post on today's bloody events in a bit...