I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- Yousuf in the pumpkin patch at a local farm in Mar...
- Where in the world...
- Living in Gaza City-in English!
- To Live in Gaza City
- Give Me Your Tired...
- The right to die
- Closed in, again Closed in, again Closed, again
- Once they were mosques...
- Two young residents of the Palestinian refugee cam...
Thursday, December 15, 2005