Thursday, October 27, 2005

Living in Gaza City-in English!

Wow, this may have been the longest I've gone without posting something. I gather though I'll be given the benefit of the doubt since I'm on vacation (though amazingly, I seem to have less time on my hands than when I was in Gaza.) I would like to say that while I am not posting as regularly, I do read all the (mostly thoughtful) comments, and wanted to thank those who took the time to stop by and write them.

Now, to bring your attention back to Iman's blog, a Swedish convert to Islam who recently moved to Gaza City (with great difficulty, I might add) with her Palestinian husband and three children. Iman now has an English blog (though not the pictures yet) that can be found at http://www.living-in-gaza.blogspot.com/. Its brutally honest and to the point, which also makes it worth reading. If you'd really like to understand what life is like "living in Gaza City" (or even travelling to Gaza City) I suggest you take a look.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link. I will take a look.

I hope the fact that your vacation is so busy indicates that you are having a good time. Enjoy yourself.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam um yousuf

i just google 'gaza blog' and guess what came up as the first link :)

just thought i'd let you know

um sanad

p.s. i miss you online

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy u're vacation

10:59 PM  
Blogger MomTo5 said...

Salaam Laila!
I am a friend to Imaan and i was the one who wrote mail to her and told her to make some contact to you after reading your blog,i tought you would be perfect for eachother :)I have moved from Sweden to an Palestinian Mochajam in SYRIA but my english is to bad for making an english blog but my arabic is good ;) hehe
I really hope that you and Imaan makes some contacts.
Eid Mubarak!
/Johanna

9:45 PM  
Blogger No no said...

I will take a look at the link. I knew a French brother married to a Palestinian sister who had great difficulty even living in Jerusalem. Eid Mubarak.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Imaan On Ice said...

Laila - WHERE ARE YOU? - we miss your posting!!

//Imaan
(Especially the ones about me... he he only kidding!)

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home