Monday, July 25, 2005

Its a conspiracy, I tell you!

I'm convinced. Yousuf has secret ties with the Israeli government. How else would Sharon have known my mother was in Khan Yunis visiting my grandmother, and closed the Abo Holi checkpoint to coincide with her visit there?

It was sealed off to all Palestinian traffic 3 days ago, after Palestinian fighters killed two settlers travelling on the road above it to the Kissufim settlement. The problem is, the closure is a form of collective punishment, as we are reminded by a large sign posted near Abo Holi: "Terror has negative repercussions on Palestinian society."

Abo Holi divides northern Gaza, where we live, from southern Gaza, where my grandmother lives. Thousands of Palestinians have been stranded on either end as a result, and prevented from attending university, jobs, and hospitals, while settler traffic continues uninterrupted.

In the end of the day, its all in Yousuf's interest of course. The boy's energy has no bounds I tell you. Without my mother's help, I could hardly keep up with his mischief (and my work), as he emptied the kitchen cupboards to make an ideal hiding space, hosed down the bathroom walls, and couloured his face red (war paint perhaps?) with a marker he conveniently found tucked away in the corner of my desk-all within the span of one hour. I can just see Sharon snickering smugly in his Negev ranch now. *Sigh*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm convinced. Yousuf has secret ties with the Israeli government.
/.../

The boy's energy has no bounds I tell you. Without my mother's help, I could hardly keep up with his mischief (and my work),


That`s it.
I guess the Zionists are not very happy with your articles in Al Jazeera and EI.
Being so , They start thinking : How can we stop her from writting 200 thousand words a day ?

After intense analysis they reached the conclusion that the best way to prevent you from writting was to keep you busy with Yousuf.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

after writting the previous comment I did remember that yousuf did smile to zionist soldiers , some time ago.
Remember ?
His behaviour was rather strange,indeed.



Of course to Yousuf it was just another journey of the many he has taken-and the soldiers that control our lives behindthe glass screens another face to giggle at, which he did, despite my mother's futile pleas ("No no yousuf dear, that is the enemy...").

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!

that cracked me up :)

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home