Sunday, July 17, 2005

The sky's the limit


This picture was taken the evening after chaos erupted in Gaza (see previous posts), on a small playground by the beach. It was desolate, save for a few families, with most people opting to stay indoors, for fear of an impending Israeli atack. There were a few boys playing on this swing set, and they took Yousuf along with them. Their happiness struck me, and their childhood innocence shined through despite all that was happening around them. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laila

I just wanted to see that I think this blog of yours is great and I appreciate you doing it. I found out about it recently from flickr.com (where I also have an account www.flickr.com/photos/velvetart).

After reading your blog I realized your name sounded very familiar... I went through my archives and realized that we actually spoke in the past: you wrote on article on disengagement for Jazeera about Physicians for Human Rights (I work there). that was about half a year ago.

Anyway, I'll be down in Gaza this week. Maybe we'll bump into each other taking pictures. :P

I plan on checking back here to read it up...

shabtai@phr.org.il

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home