Monday, November 27, 2006

false alarm!!!

Just when we were getting excited....

We turned on Palestine TV this evening to read some breaking news out of Gaza, reporting that the Rafah Crossing will in fact NOT be opening tommorow, Tuesday, despite earlier reports to the contrary.

A friend who contacted the EU representatives stationed in Rafah confirmed the bad news, and thinks it might be because of reports in Haaretz that Ismail Hanniyeh was due to leave tommorow for a 3 week tour to different countries, and that the Israelis may have "intervened" to stop him.

Makes perfect sense...as usual...

According to Palestinian wires, there are over 3200 people waiting to cross, many directly in the border itself...

Our wait continues.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your article on the Israeli newspaper YNET -- 37 reponses so far to your article !!

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3332791,00.html

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laila, I posted a response to your article on my blog, the link is here: http://wp.blogsofzion.com/blog/?p=897

Enjoy.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Moses said...

Save your fake concern, Katowitz.

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abu,
I would hope that you would be more open to debate and free discussion that accusing me of being fake in my concern. If you want to debate me on the issues, do that, but don't say that my concern for the issue is fake without saying something intelligent to back that up first.

3:53 AM  
Blogger HodHod said...

This is so true, I highly agree with you Laila... well it's always False alarm,,, always non sense... u know I can support u in the depate too!!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Abu-Issa said...

Zack,

I actually posted a reply to your blog...on your blog...but I guess that being a Palestinian also disqualifies me from being read on your blog and was thus "linguistically cleansed" from it.

To quickly paraphrase the thrust of what I wrote: Zionism has made Palestine an unwelcome place for it's indigenous population with a form of Apartheid...of which Laila's experience is a direct example.

To quote you Zack, something you wrote to my -Brother in Arms- Abu Shaar:

"I would hope that you would be more open to debate and free discussion..."

Abu-Issa

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home