I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- Bigotry in Virginia, alive and well
- Like baby, like cat
- Noor's Teething Celebration=سنينية نور
- Alternive Tourism- Gaza anyone?
- Child Labor?
- Out fishing in Gaza!
- Free Gaza boats sail into Gaza port!!!
- RIP Mahmud Darwish
- Noor- a soap opera star?
- breastmilk brownies, anyone?
Friday, October 10, 2008