I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- Temporary life, temporary security
- And we sleep.
- Israel, US to train Fatah forces
- War games
- The ghostly streets, the ghostly skies
- As Gaza Burns
- War criminal at on the loose at Harvard!
- The ethnic cleansing of Jerusalem continues
- الي حاميها,حراميها
- Gaza bloggers unite!
Sunday, June 03, 2007