I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- The things we do (when not counting artillery shel...
- The Gaza 'diet' begins
- The final divide: the ghettoization of Bethlehem
- A banner in Gaza City proclaiming "Rule of Law ...
- The counting game
- Anything but ordinary!
- Please check your guns and chilis at the door...
- A charicature in the al-Quds Palestinian daily. ...
- The parliament convenes!
Sunday, March 05, 2006