I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- Security forces watch over Palestinians gathering ...
- My encounter with Dahalan
- Celebrate with white and blue
- A gem of an idea
- I Shall Surprise You By My Will
- "Don't even think about it!"
- Its good to be king!
- Follow that Truck!
- Gaza Smokescreen
Thursday, August 04, 2005