Thursday, October 12, 2006

More Yousuf, by popular demand

Ok, so I've received enough hints lately to get the picture: We want more Yousuf photos! This blog is called "Raising Yousuf", after all. I'll admit, I've been lazy about that lately, namely because I've purchased a new laptop and have not yet gotten around to transferring all the photos. But I'm getting there.

So here, I present to you a few of Yousuf's latest photos, from the late summer on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, far, far away from Gaza. Enjoy!




A picture worth a thousand words.





Yousuf and his cousins splash around in circles



Yousuf flies a "tayarra waraqqiya", or kite



The kite is air-borne, as Yousuf and his cousin Zade pray for a miracle to keep it afloat



My father and Yousuf, engrossed in a stimulating conversation about who knows what

7 Comments:

Blogger Quillonpaper said...

Yousuf's growing fast! Amazing imagery there.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Amelopsis said...

Laila I think he's starting to look more like you...it's in the eyes.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Raquel said...

Dear Laila,
In the past days I have been reading your blog from the beginning. I am so happy to have found it and to know that women like you are showing the reality of Gaza. All the best and I will keep reading.
Yousuf is GORGEOUS!!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Dino$ said...

HABBBBBEEEEEEBI SOOOOO CUTE! MASHALA ALLAH YI7MEEH! MWA

i have linked u r site in my blog

10:32 AM  
Blogger أبو سنان said...

Masha'Allah. Ketkoot.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Sadiq said...

Blessings for Yousuf. May Allah protect him and make him a beautiful human being. Amen.

7:02 PM  
Blogger jarvenpa said...

You have a handsome son indeed. I love the photo with his grandfather, so earnest--and the ocean beyond. May your family prosper (and may you get some rest in your travels)

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home