Thursday, October 19, 2006

From Mankato to Oslo

As usual so much to blog about, like the US financing Hamas opponents with a a nice fat $42 mill, a campaign projected "to bolster Hamas' political opponents ahead of possible early Palestinian elections"; i.e. Dahlan and co.

But speaking of better things, yesterday I arrived in Minnesota, and delivered the Kessel Memorial Lecture in Minnesota (emphasis on "sooota") State University in Mankato, where corn and empty fields abound.

The Mankato Free Press wrote a humbling article about it here.

It went well, except for the fact that I was ready to topple over by the Q&A session-too many connecting flight, too little sleep, and of course, fasting.

Today I head to Oslo, where I'll attend the Norwegian Social Forum and speak on blogging as activism (and I think, writing tourst guides as activism!), and then on Tuesday, to Trondheim in northern Norway to speak with the Journalist's Association there.

I return to the US on Thursday, inshallah, and two weeks later-its off to Gaza once again (well first to Egypt, then we play the waiting game at Rafah).

For now, I bid you Vi snakkes... (Ingie if you're reading this I hope I got that right..:))

3 Comments:

Blogger Amelopsis said...

Laila I think the article got it right - don't be too humble, take your credit...it's well deserved!

Have you given any talks in Toronto, or elsewhere in Canada?

3:50 AM  
Blogger ياسمين حميد said...

What does "Vi snakkes" mean?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Laila said...

Well as it turns out-I've JUST been invited to tour a number of Canadian cities-universities! so, yes! when, iæm not sure yet.

Yasmin-it means 'see ya later'...:)

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home